Postage and Packing
Salon Furniture or Salon Equipment items purchased may be subject to additional carriage charges and may vary according to size and weight of the parcel.
For all orders outside the local delivery areas, customers will be notified of the charges to be applied by e-mail before goods are dispatched.
Shortages and Damages
Goods must be inspected upon delivery and any claims for shortages and/or damages must be reported within 24 hours of receipt. This may be done either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by our contact head office at: +27 11-029-0078.
Shipments and Return
Delivery of Goods
- The Company offers delivery of Goods to you by The Courier Guy service for free for all orders above R500 (Salon Equipment Excluded). For orders less than R500, a R79 delivery charge will be charged. Delivery times are within 3-5 working days. Please note, the available services are:
- Overnight if booked and paid before 12pm the current and delivery by 11am the next business day (excluding outlying areas)*.
- All overnight services are charged at an additional rate as determined by the courier guy.
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the Goods, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence) we shall not be liable to make good on a transaction based on any error apart from refunding any monies paid by you to the Company.
- When you visit the Website or send emails to us, you consent to receiving communications from us electronically.
Cancellation and Refund
- You are, in terms of section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act“) entitled to cancel, without reason and without penalty, your order for the Goods within 7 (seven) days of receipt of the Goods. In such an event –
- you undertake not to utilise the Goods;
- your agreement of purchase will be deemed to have been cancelled, and
- you will be liable in terms of section 44(2) of the ECT Act for the direct costs of returning the Goods, such as courier and/or shipping charges.
- The Company will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period“). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to proceed with your order for the Goods or cancel your order. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you with the purchase price.
- The Company may, in its sole discretion, accept the cancellation of an order by you, on sufficient cause shown and on a case by case basis. In which event the provisions set out in this clause 16 in respect of refunds and returns will similarly apply
- Subject to the provisions of clause 16 above, Goods may be returned only when defective, damaged or if the Goods supplied are not the same Goods as what was ordered. If any defect in the Goods (provided that such Goods are not by their nature not durable for up to a period of 6(six) months) are discovered within a period of 6 (six) months after delivery, this must be reported to us as soon as reasonably possible after the Goods having been delivered to you and must be returned to us within a period of 6 (six) months after delivery. If the Goods are not the same as what was ordered this must be reported within 24 (twenty four) hours of delivery. Any damage must also be immediately reported, within 24 (twenty four) hours of delivery.
- If the Goods have been approved by us in accordance with the provisions of clause 17.1 for return, we will notify you and for our couriers to collect the item from you.
- If you are returning Goods via courier or post office you must package it carefully so that it does not become damaged enroute. Please include the Returns Request Number and a copy of your original invoice with any return.
- Nothing in this clause 17 or the Terms and Conditions in any way limits your rights in terms of section 56 read with section 55 of the CPA in any way.
- There will be no refunds on opened sealed packages in any circumstance.
- Goods remain property of Unique Cosmetics until paid for in full
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and the Company, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (South Gauteng High Court) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
- Nothing in this clause 18 or the Terms and Conditions limit your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
- The Company hereby selects UNIT 2 44 azure street lenasia 1827 as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these terms and conditions of sale (“nominated address“). You hereby select the address specified on the Goods order form as your nominated address.
- Either party may change its nominated address to any other physical address by not less than 7 days’ notice in writing to the other party.
- Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, telefax or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
- by telefax before 16h30 on a business day will be deemed to have been received, on the date of successful transmission of the telefax. All telefaxes sent after 16h30 or on a day which is not a business day will be deemed to have been received on the following business day; and
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
Please note that our website is not a retail website, we only supply to hair and beauty professionals and not directly to the public. All registrations forms are subject to review and will only be approved if all criterion* have been met
- All customers must complete the registration form in full
- All customers must be within the hair, beauty or health industry
- For the purchase of certain products, certification will be requested.
- In the event a customer does not own their own salon and is a qualified stylist, their first name would be required in place of the salon name, and the necessary certification will be requested.